Monday, June 7, 2010

Campbell River, BC day 2





Well, luck was with me. You can think what you want about Wal-Mart, but if you are traveling like we are, they are a godsend. Just like McDonald's, you can go into any one of them and you know what you will get. I took my phone to the closest store and told them my problem. They refunded my money without question. They even refunded the card that I had purchased for minutes. This they did not have to do and it was very kind of them.

Prior to that we had driven south in search of eagles, but did not find any but as usual saw lots of nice scenery. We came back to our camp and after dinner we drove to the end of the street and found out it was a very short drive. We turned around and as we were getting ready to turn in to the campground we spotted a total of 5 eagles on the pier across from the entrance. We got some decent but not great pictures of them. There were 3 adults and 2 juveniles.

Tomorrow we leave for Port Hardy where we will check into the Airport Inn. We have to be at the ferry at 0530 and that is way to early to take this camper down. I am looking forward to the ferry ride. No driving that day. Yea!!!!!.

We will be using one of our cellphones from home, but will keep usage to the bare minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment