Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Forks, Washington






June 1 & 2, 2010

We arrived here in Forks, WA and there was continuous rain. Decided a motel was the way to go since the forecast was for lots of rain for the next couple of days. We are staying in the Olympic Suites on the outskirts of town. I do not know how they do it, but a 1 bedroom Suite, which includes a kitchen, living room and bath for $76 a night. Very comfortable for the most part, but I did not like the bed. Did not sleep well.

We drove out to the Hoh Rain-forest Ctr and walked the Trail of the Mosses. Saw two bull Elk grazing. They are already growing their antlers. Today the weather has been as promised and I am glad we are staying here. We went to the Lumberman's Museum today. Interesting to see the old tools they used.

I hope to get the splint off my thumb tomorrow. It makes typing very tedious.

My plan for tomorrow is to cross into Canada. As a result, we will be turning off our cellphones and only using the computer where there is Wi-Fi available. I plan to buy a prepaid cellphone for use in Canada. I will advise the number and try to switch my calls from home to it.

The pictures for today were taken by Joyce using the camera she stole from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment