Monday, June 7, 2010

Campbell River, BC




June 6, 2010

Today the weather has not been as good. Showers on and off all day and cool. We drove down to Gold River on the Pacific side of the island. Lots of snow covered mountains along the way. Waterfalls all over the place. Most along the roadside and going under the roads in large pipes. We hiked up to Lady Falls. Not sure how far the vertical drop was but greater than 50 feet and there was enough water power that the spray was higher than the viewing platform. We took very few pictures because we did not want to ruin our cameras.

Joyce found and identified flowers she had not seen before. We also so one two year old black bear grazing alongside of the road.

Returned to camp and I tried to get my prepaid telephone to work. After several fruitless tries I ended up calling their technical support. Not that it did much good. After 20 minutes, using my Verizon phone, they told me it was a system problem and they would refer it to there System Engineers and it could be as long as 48 hours before the problem would be fixed. Needless to say, I am not happy about that. I intend to find a Wal-Mart today and attempt to return the phone. If I can, we will use our Verizon phone and pay the roaming charges. We will just use them as little as possible. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment