Tuesday, May 4, 2010


We spent today here at Carter Caves State Park. We had been here twice before, but always left the next morning. I took a cave tour with one of the rangers. Met him at Cascade Caves. A neat cave.
Several rooms with interesting formations. While this cave did not compare to Luray or Carlsbad, I can honestly say that I enjoyed it more. There were streams running through it, different rooms and bats. There is also a waterfall in a separate section of the cave. At one time this was the water source for the Lodge that is here. The Ranger that I was with has been leading these tours for 20 years. He said sometimes during the season they have as many as 70 people on the tour. In my opinion this is the season, just me.


Joyce spent the day wildflowering. I helped her some. I usually go ahead on the trail and point out new ones to her. She refers to me as “flower dog”. She has had a successful two days finding flowers. Hopefully this will continue so she stays happy.


There has been a lot of flooding here. We could see evidence of it here in the Park. Streams had been over the roads coming into Park, and if we come Sunday, we would not have gotten to stay here.


The weather has been really nice today, high 70's.

No comments:

Post a Comment