Tuesday, May 25, 2010




Woke up this morning and it was pouring rain. Decided we did not want to take the camper down and move up the coast. So, we took a town day. We needed to get prescriptions filled, I needed some clothes and stock up on some groceries.

When I left home, I sadly underestimated what type of clothing I would need. Did not bring a jacket, brought 5 pairs or shorts, which I haven't used since Death Valley, and two pair of long pants (one of which is too small and the other has a seam for the pocket that gives me a lot of pain sitting on it all day while driving).

So we had an exciting day(sarcasm) shopping for drugs, clothes and food. But it was a good day. I actually got a nap in. First one I had managed since we left home. After the nap we went looking for a tide pool. Joyce had never seen one and she found out that getting to tide pools and then exploring them is hard work. Found some interesting snail like creatures and several sea anemones. Also stopped and looked at a huge sea lion colony. Must have been hundreds of them, and are they noisy.

Tomorrow we move on up the coast. Not sure where we will stop at. When we get tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment